In lifestyle music

An album i'm loving



This week i thought i'd do something different, today's topic is music. In particular an album by Catfish and the bottlemen.

I've been a fan of Catfish and the bottlemen for a while now but i hadn't had chance to listen to their new album 'The Ride' as i was a bit skeptical it wouldn't be as good as their first. oh how i was wrong! Their second album 'The Ride' has been on repeat since Wednesday night so you can see just how much i like it.

Recently one of my friends came up to see me from Doncaster which was nice because we haven't seen him in a while. The five of us had a sleepover at mine and everyone gave a listen to 'The Ride' whilst having a good old catch up.

'The Ride' is very different to their first album 'The Balcony' which was much more main stream. This one is a lot darker with lyrics and has more meaning to the songs. It's the kind of album you can put on if you've had a bad day and need to relax in the bath. The album flow's really well, the songs are still catchy but at the same time give you the feeling you know the members of catfish really well. Almost like you've known them for years. I don't know how they do it but you really feel for the singer and what kind of experience he's singing about.

I've never really felt inspired by an album before but 'The Ride' gives you confidence that everything is going to be okay eventually. You just have to wait for the storm to pass.

If you wasn't a fan of Catfish and the bottlemen already at least give their second album a listen, it might change your mind about them.

This album was not what i was expecting at all but i'm so pleased that i loved it. Having said that i'm always a bit skeptical with bands/artist's second albums as they usually flop and i'm always left a bit disappointed. For example The 1975's "I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it" - i was highly disappointed with their new direction they went for. Don't get me wrong i love The 1975, Matt Healy is practically a god in my eyes. But their second album just didn't live up to my expectations. At least i still have the first album to keep my love burning for The 1975 right? let's hope their third album is better.

You can listen to 'The Ride' here on a public playlist of the album I've made or buy is here from itunes.

In just over a week we've managed to double the follower count, i'm now on 360 followers! That's so crazy but i'm so thankful for everyone who's been supporting this blog so far.

Till next time have a wonderful day,

Stevie x










Related Articles

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard about this album before! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving the new Catb album. I think a personal favorite is the song 'Kathleen'. As for the 1975, I love their first album but I think their second album was good because Matty was having a difficult time in his life during the first album, and the second album was more of a revelation. Nice post though! I like reading posts about what people are listening to.

    Christina / www.thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thankyou for reading! it's always nice hearing other people's opinions on albums. I might do more of these kind of posts as people seemed to like it. Hope you have a lovely weekend,
      Stevie x

      Delete