In Beauty

I became a mermaid!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

For a while now I've wanted to be outrageous with makeup. I wanted to go outside the 'norm' of contouring, winged eyeliner and bold red lips.

After being inspired by one of my favourite bloggers ( Sophie Hannah Richardson ) i decided it was time for me to become a mermaid. In the spirit of missing my blue locks i decided to go for an all (well mostly) Blue look.

Transforming myself into a mermaid didn't cost me anything, i used cheap eye shadow's and eye liner pencils that i already had. The aim of this look was to experiment and as you can see it's not perfect but i'm really pleased with the outcome.

To achieve this look I used a bright blue eye shadow where you would normally contour and a paler blue eye shadow where you would usually highlight the face. After that i played around with deep purple eye shadow's and other shades of blue i had in my collection. varying my technique of dotting and blending to get the desired look on my temples. As for the lips i used a green metallic toned eye liner pencil (which again was only cheap and I've had it a while). Once i'd filled my lips in with that i then put a khaki green eye shadow on my lips which gave it a really nice look.

The reason i made this post was to say use what you already have! getting into the festival or mermaid makeup spirit doesn't have to cost you anything but your creativity, time and patience. It's all about experimenting and it might not go the way you hope the first time. But the more you experiment the better at it you will get and the happier you will be with the outcome.

I'd like to say a big thankyou to everyone who follow's me, this blog has been up two weeks today and has just hit 150 followers! The response to my posts so far have been amazing and it seems strange that so many people have already discovered my little blog.

Till next time have a lovely week,

Stevie x





Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. Great look, although i think if you define some scales it will look a lot more cooler =d
    congrats on 150 followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you for commenting! I will take that advice on board for next time i try anything like this. Only just figured out how to reply to comments - seems so strange i'm almost about to hit 700 followers now. Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
      Stevie x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for reading :) you have a really nice blog! Hope you have an awesome weekend,
      Stevie x

      Delete
  3. Great contouring <3

    Mel ★ www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you for reading! Glad you think so. Hope you have a lovely weekend,
      Stevie x

      Delete